Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Eli/The Years

How in the hell anyone lives to 98 is beyond my ability to comprehend reality.

Eli Wallach was always an under-appreciated actor.  He must have led an extremely clean life on top if it.

That's hard to do.

My paternal grandmother lived to 105, but she was a saint. I don't think she ever "worked out," because people except for some--but not all-- athletes didn't do much of that years ago. I know she didn't sin in any form or fashion, however, which goes a long way.

It's odd though, judging by her cooking late in her life, she couldn't possibly have eaten well.  She could cook a veggie until it was flat dead and devoid of any purpose other than filler.

I doubt if Babe Ruth ever worked out like Derek Jeter, for example.

My own Ma was pretty sedentary and she lived to 90, so there's the genetic/reasoned thing in a nutshell.  She too was a teetotaler and god-fearing angel, however.

I'm not on their path.

Not even close.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment