Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Proof on the Way

I ordered a proof of my baseball book this morning.

Gotta have it.  Errors always stick out once the baby is in your arms, any deformities become obvious.  I'm only slightly worried about the cover.

I know the image of Vaughn Street Park won't be crystal clear and I expect a little distortion.  I reserve the right to do it my way as a form of artistic expression, but I can't tell until I see it if I'll like it.

It reads okay, not great.  Biggest thing is it isn't comprehensive.  How could it be at 128 pages with photos? Moves right along, though. A quick and informative read, perhaps best for those who know nothing about Portland's baseball past.

The old-timers, were they to read it, might take issue in places, but what the hay...

TS

No comments:

Post a Comment