Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Listening to the Rabble



I'm about at the end of my rewrite of the original Portland baseball history I published in 1980.  I have a couple of related essays to incorporate, then I'll have to focus on Merritt Paulson, the young heir to his father's Goldman-Sachs legacy.

You know, the Bush family's lapdog.  Or was it the other way around?

He's the nephew of Pat Paulsen, the one-time perennial presidential candidate (I kid).

Merritt is the guy who sold the Beavers out of town when Sam Adams and the crew in city hall couldn't create a new deal for a Portland baseball stadium.

Rah, rah, Timbers.  Go, you guys.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment