Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Restaurant Blues

For anyone who has ever worked in the restaurant business this is not "shocking."

I can't think of a tougher way to make a living.  I ought to know.

It also explains why restaurateurs can be some of the most miserable sons-of-bitches on the planet and such deeply committed assholes.

I worked in a lot of joints over the years.

With a couple of exceptions, the owners were dickheads.  That goes for the women, too.

Of course, I'm proud to admit I was no patsy, either.  Made for a volatile cocktail at times.

Fortunately, I never bought a place and lost my shirt.  I never had a shirt to begin with.

All I ever lost in the business was my soul.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment