Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Monday, September 20, 2010

Podcast Up (Round Bend Hour)


The Round Bend hour did not go swimmingly yesterday. My compilation disc stopped playing on the house deck after 10 songs, and I have no idea why. It works fine in the computer I used to create it.

I tried several times to make it work by skipping tracks and thought, well, I'd better just play from iTunes, the DJ compilation in studio. Not all of that was the Round Bend Hour "sound," that is for certain. A massive compilation, much of which I was ignorant of, I simply let it play through. Heard some nice stuff and some other tunes I wouldn't have bothered with. So it goes.

The other problem I had--my mic level. I must have a very soft voice, which I wouldn't have believed the way I shout out "Beer here, bartender!" when I'm on a roll.

Next week's program will be much better, I know. I learned a lot yesterday, not the least of which was the board. Next project will be handling the dual turntables.

It'll come,
It'll come.

I had fun yesterday and I'm already looking forward to next week's show. Though the first one was rough, things will only get better.

Here's a link to the archive: Round Bend Hour.

BTW, Buddy Dooley didn't show up. The bastard!


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment