Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Conversations w/Dooley Part 4


As is our habit, Buddy tapes our conversations, e-mails the transcripts to me, and I try to edit the results into something comprehensible. We met yesterday. As you will see, Buddy is often an idiot.


BD: So you're doing a radio show?

TS: Not just me, Buddy. You're part of it.

BD: You volunteered me. I didn't say I wanted to go play hotshot disc jockey.

TS: I can't believe how you lie and obfuscate.

BD: Don't use your $10 words with me, TS. I ain't impressed.

TS: Listen to you! You say something different every day. Last week you were all jacked up about the show.

BD: I was not!

TS: You're already on the freaking schedule!

BD: Tough cookie, cutter...

TS: What?

BD: You heard me. Do the show yourself.

TS: Are you serious?

BD: No.

TS: You'll show up then?

BD: I don't know.

TS: All I can say, Buddy, is you are an ass...

BD: Like well, yeah...so what?

TS: I'm doing the show, Buddy.

BD: Good for you. Break a leg.

TS: I ought to break your neck instead.

BD: Sure thing, tough guy.

(click)


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment