Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day with Mobutu and Football

Kind of a long weekend, wasn't it? I'm not a big holiday celebration guy to begin with, and it seemed like this weekend lasted forever. The day closed a couple of libraries, which cut into one of my favorite things to do--browse the shelves for interesting things to read.

I've found a book about Mobutu Sese Seko, the onetime dictator of Zaire (Congo). Interesting and a good read, but I don't like the rhythm of its title, "In the Footsteps of Mr. Kurtz."

Labor Day? This play by CD hits the mark.

My Sunday training session for the podcast radio show was cancelled. That's one reason the weekend tended to drag. I was psyched to train and it didn't happen. I went to a pub and made a few notes instead. My teacher had a BBQ to attend. Can't say that I blame him for the switcheroo.

I'm not ready to take the broadcast reins yet, particularly given what I want to do with Round Bend Hour down the road. I'll have to ease into the tech and its functionality, attempt to avoid dead air, etc. That means I'll start with a lot of music before upping the content. Get my "air" legs.

I have a feeling the Oregon/Tennessee game Saturday will be close. New Mexico had no business being in Autzen Stadium last weekend. In front of 102,000 in Knoxville, the Ducks will be challenged. Could be a "trap" game. It'll be interesting to see how the Oregon staff implements the Barner/James tandem on offense. Will Oregon be over confident?

I watched Boise State and Va Tech last night. The best game of the weekend. The programming experts at Disney nearly always get these high profile games right. Thanks ESPN. I'd like a job, please.

More on Michela Wrong's In the Footsteps of Mr. Kurtz.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment