Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Monday, August 9, 2010

The Phony Man


I wrote this for my cameo role in a video feature that I will appear in if I can stay off the cutting room floor. It's all in the editing, man, and out of my hands.




The Phony Man

The phony man lives in the loft
Digging like a mole into the dirt
He is up at midnight feathering his nest
Whispering I love you New York Times
More than the Daily News for
You are fairer in your lust
Having seen my latest turn from
Pinteresque dust to fiery nothingness

I am grateful to be sodomized by you
My lovely online edition
I am happiest with you in the aisle
Leading the applause at the final curtain
Picking up the tab at Elaine's
At 4 a.m. when
All the sheep have been put
To sleep and you and I can
Retire to the hills
Burrow in and
And drink our fill
Count our glowing
Dinosaur eggs
And laugh at
the little people

TS


Here is a video of Deemer talking about his work.





And a segment of his 2009 silent, "The Heirs."


No comments:

Post a Comment