Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Bobby and Me Working a Scene

My big shot at super stardom comes tomorrow when I begin my career as an interweb actor. I will be featured in a cameo role in a video by Charles Deemer, whom I have not yet informed must pay me Actors' Guild union scale wages to participate in the project. I am not the least worried that he will come up with the cash, either, for I believe he is absolutely set on me participating in the video. If I happened to inconveniently disappear the project would instantly collapse and...well, we wouldn't want that to happen.

As I told Mr. Deemer when he approached me with his project via email, I shall give the production my high and mighty best, for I have always aspired to be a star of the silver screen, or even the small YouTube screen that you find on your itty-bitty computer.

I am looking forward to this not because I know what I am getting myself into but precisely because I do not know what I am getting myself into. This nauseous, gnawing fear I have of the stage and public speaking is of course transferable to the screen, so a Herculean task lies ahead of me as I attempt to quell my urge to run for the hills.

In the few days since I garnered this coveted albeit small role, I have read everything I have been unable to get my my hands on concerning THE METHOD. Now, will I be able to transfer the theoretical understanding I do not have of THE METHOD to a practical application?

Is all the world a stage or not? Tomorrow we shall discover the truth.



TS

No comments:

Post a Comment