Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Better Start Living

I'm progressing nicely on my first memoir, A Marvelous Paranoia, thank you. At this time it looks like I'll publish around 160 pages, a nice length for a set of etchings of the past. I like much of it already and plan on digging into its details throughout the remainder of this month. I'm looking at a mid-September release at Lulu.

It's a deliberately discursive text, which is perhaps why I'm pleased so far. The right voice for the material seems to be coming naturally, allowing movement within each segment of the life, a sense of the past and present enmeshed.

I think I've managed to get around the big question in a book like this one, which is "Who Cares?" The key lies in telling anecdotes and providing glimpses that achieve universal substance. I hope somebody finds it interesting, but the truth is I'm writing it for my daughter and grandson.

When my grandson reads it later in life he'll have a little better understanding of old Grandpa. That's the idea at any rate. Poor kid.



TS

No comments:

Post a Comment