Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Friday, February 12, 2016

Winners and Losers

My short essay at CounterPunch, "Bernie?  Why Not?"

CP got a minor detail wrong in my bio.  The piece is not an excerpt from my memoir.  I wrote it a few days ago.

Who "won" the debate last night?  I don't know, I was watching basketball, but unsurprisingly the NY Times says it was Madam Clinton.

Well, what do you expect the freakin' NYT to say?  As mild as he is, Sanders just might resemble a threat to the status quo.

I don't like Clinton, but then I don't like neoliberals in general.  Any friend of Henry Kissinger is a loser by default in my mind--such as it is.  Someone determined to piss me off.  No debate needed.

Besides, how anyone can take this Wall Street-coddling, dishonest figurehead for empire seriously is something I'll never understand.

It's the America I live in, I guess.  In all of its mythological glory.

Just below the sheen of her polished phoniness lies a killer fully capable of  taking over the universal church of our disastrous American exceptionalism, with all the blowback such thinking generates on a global scale as well as at home.  She proved that as SoS.

Madam Clinton is far more than a myth-maker.  She is part of the problem, and far from the solution.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment