Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Day 7

At the moment, my antiviral drugs seem to be working.

The pain has abated somewhat, reduced to a 4 or 5 on the pain chart, but the disfiguring arc down the right side of my face--linked like an atoll of ugly scabs from my forehead, encircling the right eye, in my ear, down my cheek to my chin, and rampant over that side of my lower lip and tongue--is ghastly.

I'm worried about losing the eye.

I'm used to looking sexy all the time, so you can imagine how rough this is for me.

I am constantly fatigued and have a persistent, grinding headache. I'm unable to concentrate, and sleeping only slightly better than in recent days.

I'm finally able to eat some without intense pain.

I'm scaring the young female volunteers at the senior center lunch line who look away, unable to control their disgust.

I'm watching basketball.  Oregon plays at 5:30.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment