Quote of the Day

"Buzz, buzz."--Hamlet

The opinions, rants and absurdities expressed herein belong solely to the founder of RBPD. Read with caution. Content may induce nausea, confusion, vertigo, tears, hallucinations, anger, pity, reflexive piety, boredom, convulsions, lightheadedness, a fit of ague, or an opposing view.

Books by RBP writers: Round Bend Press Books. For RBP's writing and editing services go here.

Saturday, November 12, 2016

It's Hard, Man

What is the difference between academic and literary writing? If this sounds like a joke, the punch lines are many. Style. Voice. Jargon. Signposts (“The aim of this chapter is …”). In fact, jargon so litters academic writing that signposts are indispensable to reader comprehension.--AS

When I can't make good sentences or sort out my thoughts, which happens frequently, I just put the bullshit out there and hope for the best.

I spent far too many years trying to be a writer's writer, and I walked away disillusioned; when I returned I came back scribbling.  It is all I can do, so I live with my poor qualities in the fashion of a man who lives with a shrew and can't escape, because against all good logic he loves misery.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.