Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Seriously?

CD has a lot more faith in Hillary Clinton than I've ever had.  I didn't like her from the get-go.

He seems to be captivated by gender politics these day, which I could give a fuck about. My position on all politics is that it would best serve all of our interests to find capable and honest leaders for every political job.  I could give a shit if they be men or women.

The playwright is now claiming he'll vote for her if he has to in a close race against Trump.  I figured he would, because I've read a lot of CD at his blogs over the years and he's never had a bad thing to say about the woman, never an argument against anything she has tried or said.

I can recall reading a blog post he once made lamenting that Clinton hadn't taken down Obama.  As irksome as I've found Obama at times, I never veered near that cliff.

He likes her, again fine.  I'm not disposed to argue about popularity contests.

But then CD goes on to make an outrageous claim--out of misinformation or a willingness to obfuscate--I don't know, but it reminds me of the Twain quote that I had on my masthead for a few months until recently: "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."

CD claims that Clinton attempted to draw up a health care plan (remember, she came charging out of the gate in 1993 with one) similar to what Sanders advocates, which is single-payer-one-stop-fits-all expanded Medicare.

Socialized medicine, in other words.

Bullshit must be called bullshit when it's ripe.  All Clinton has ever argued for, since her own failed effort, is maintenance of the Affordable Care Act.

In fact, Clinton has repeatedly vowed during her campaign that single-payer is off the table.

Women apparently love it.  Well, not the poorer ones.  They voted for Bernie if they voted at all.

What HC advocated for in reality from her White House hair salon was something similar to the ACA, the Romney-inspired, Obama-driven, health-care-industry-juiced charade that exists now.

Jesus, she's not about to piss off the big insurance and pharma industries and do something so utterly detrimental to their interests and her career!

Where in the hell do people think she got a big chunk of her money for this fiasco?

The Clinton Health Plan was but the first of her failed endeavors on the national stage.  It won't be her last, particularly if the left can stay somewhat motivated and energetic throughout her time.

Not to mention the more violent players in the Middle East and Africa. (Pssst...she's not going to subjugate them, and she doesn't make deals like Trump.)

The women of the world can unite around the symbolism and all of that, I suppose.  Join the Army and Marines, ladies.  Go get shot up over empire if it'll make you feel better about things.

And yes, I know some of you already have.  That's just not a category that earns my respect unless you saw the ravages of war and changed your mind about its advantages.

Funny, I can recall a conversation CD and I were having just the other day about voter naivete. Imagine that.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment