Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Friday, November 15, 2013

Reading List


In my usual, erratic style I have too many good reads going at once.

In no particular order, because that is the way I open them on most nights:

Jon Krakauer's "Where Men Win Glory," the story of Pat Tillman's life from his birth in Fremont, CA through his demise in Afghanistan and posthumous abuse by the war makers.

Craig Unger's "House of Bush, House of Saud," a book I've put off reading until now because for many years I could not stomach the subject matter.

The William Burroughs Reader, "Word Virus," which is a reminder of the great man's funny, brilliant view.

Marilyn Stokstad's "Art History," which I plucked from the community library in my apartment building.

And for light, yet riveting storytelling, George Pelecanos' "The Turnaround."

I'm busy reading.  What are you doing?


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment