Quote of the Day

In our age there is no such thing as 'keeping out of politics.' All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred and schizophrenia.-- George Orwell

“I would rather be a swineherd at Amagerbro and be understood by the swine than be a poet and be misunderstood by people.” ― Søren Kierkegaard, Either/Or: A Fragment of Life

The opinions, rants and absurdities expressed herein belong solely to the founder of RBPD. Read with caution. Content may induce nausea, confusion, vertigo, tears, hallucinations, anger, pity, reflexive piety, boredom, convulsions, lightheadedness, a fit of ague, or an opposing view.

Books by RBP writers: Round Bend Press Books. For RBP's writing and editing services go here.

Monday, October 14, 2013

Healed!



It's Monday morning, another epic weekend has passed, and I am already looking forward to the next one.

Take a peek at the above video, courtesy of the Wines Family blog, and you'll very well understand.

You ask--am I living vicariously through my football team?

Of course not (cough).

My goodness, I was so nervous Saturday.  Charles "Chuckie" Lucas and I gathered our pom-poms and a couple of cold brews, parked ourselves in front of my computer, and streamed the beauteous thing that happened in Seattle Saturday afternoon.

It didn't start well.

When Keanon Lowe dropped a sure-fire TD pass on Marcus Mariota's first throw of the day I just about came unglued, and a menage of horrific images filled my head.

Lucas calmed me down, noting that the Tigers/Sox game later in the evening might be more meaningful, and, er, entertaining.

Spoken like a Chicagoan who haunted Wrigley Field as a kid and has known heartbreak and futility all his life. Yet I did not want to go there.

The Ducks needed three tries and three video replays to gain a yard before the man upstairs (in the replay booth) answered my prayers.  A first TD!

And then Josh Huff appeared to be seriously injured in the first quarter.  Not good, not good at all.

But there he was in the second-half!  Hauling in a long pass from Mariota to answer the marvelous Bishop Sankey.

Just wow...

What happened?  Phil Knight must have intervened, laid hands upon the stricken.

Yeah, that's it...


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.