Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Monday, May 21, 2012

Wordy Weekend

I spent the weekend working on the script and a few edits for the project.

The film I'm making based on my book shall henceforth be known as "the project."

A common problem among writers who tackle film and video work:  Too wordy!  Too wordy!

The goal is to let the pictures tell most of the story, but like a lot of folks I tend to write it all down.  I just can't allow that to happen, or the beast will be six hours long and sound like a drone machine.

I'm not the most economical writer to start with.  Reading my own posts on occasion makes me cringe, for example.

Why that word?  There?  Then?

Writing is a life-long learning process.  I don't think it's something one ever masters.

I wonder if Dostoevsky could have written movie scripts?

I've read that Faulkner had a little trouble in the field and loathed the work.

Well, all I can do is plow ahead, right?


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment