Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Coming in June

(Buddy Dooley, a long, long time ago)

Anyone who follows this blog knows I have an obnoxious friend named Buddy Dooley.

We once had this conversation, among others.

Dooley is a graphic artist and unsympathetic friend given to challenging my every utterance.  He is not alone in that regard, but I've known the man for many years, and I have to put up with him.

Here is one of Dooley's "art pieces."

For months now, Dooley has harangued me, pleading that I publish his book of incomprehensible scribbling, his "personal essays."

Frankly, I've grown tired of the battle.  I have caved.

Dooley is not a great writer by any stretch of the imagination.  But because he is like family to me, a degenerate and holier-than-thou nemesis, I've agreed to publish his book of essays.

Dooley's book, "People, Polemics & Pooh-Pah:  Notes from Under the Bar," will appear in June.

God have mercy on our souls.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment