Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Monday, May 28, 2012

Because You Want to Know


Editing, if you are searching as I am for answers, can be a slow, arduous process.  I worked all morning on "The Project," and I think some things are starting to come together.

I don't have nearly enough video yet, which means big gaps fill the timeline at this point, but I'm working up sequences that make sense and have potential.

Not bad in my estimation, which as you know may not count for shit with all the critics out there.

Later in the day, I caught a little NBA action.  The conference finals are in full swing now.  I was a little disgusted earlier this year when the owners locked out the league, and I lost a tick more of my old enthusiasm for the pro game.

Never quite recovered from that and likely never will.

I think the American consciousnesses has moved on.  We're pretty good at that, but we're usually just as wrong in the next phase anyway.

The big wheel keeps on turning, in other words.

It's like, can you find anybody who voted twice for George W. Bush for POTUS?  Even if you have friends who did such a ridiculous thing they likely wouldn't admit to it.

By the same token, how many people do you know who are still hardcore professional basketball fans?

I sneaked a peek today.  LeBron James is certainly still a good player. But the point is why should I give a damn at this late date?

Though I'll never be an intellectual heavy like some people I know, I certainly understand why they disdain sports these day.

On the other hand, I'm looking forward to the college football season.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment