Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Progress

(My brothers Leo, Dan and Lyle, in 1954.  Lyle, the oldest, died in 1982.  Leo and Dan died last year.  I was 3 years-old when this photo was taken.)

Today I made my best edits yet on "The Project," the docupersonal of my early years.

It is a short sequence, but it finally achieved the look and voice I want the video to reflect.

I need more of these sequences, a string of them for however many minutes it takes to tell this story.  Yesterday I duplicated a series of stills for the project,  pics of family I've kept for years while never imagining that I'd one day be making a film about my life.

Before I found these images I thought I'd given most of my heirlooms to my daughter.  She informed me I was mistaken.  I uncovered over 100 photos that were in storage and now have a trove of images that magically fit the concept.

There is much to do, but a day like this one makes me feel like I'm on the right track.


TS


No comments:

Post a Comment