Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Getting Close


CD is happy with his proof copy of his new RBP book, which he says will be his swan song as he gets really serious, very serious, about retirement.

The writer and ex-educator is getting old, he readily admits.  But how old is too old?

We'll see about the final threat, but look for the official announcement about the publication of his latest here next week as it comes online at our Round Bend Press Books website.

If it is indeed the last of Deemer for publication with RPBB, I want to say in advance it has been a pleasure to occasionally represent this talent, who sometimes overstates the frequent writer's lament that he is unloved by too many.

That is far from the truth.

I've been fortunate to have the writer throw a few bones of serious work in the direction of this publishing endeavor.  For that I am pleased, and I'll do all I'm capable of to represent it in the future.

I'm proud of what we've accomplished in carving out a not-insignificant platform for some of CD's work over the past six years.  I can say the same regarding a few others, but this is not their time.

To the writer I say, thanks.  To you I say, buy the fucking book when it appears in June.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment