Quote of the Day

"Buzz, buzz."--Hamlet

The opinions, rants and absurdities expressed herein belong solely to the founder of RBPD. Read with caution. Content may induce nausea, confusion, vertigo, tears, hallucinations, anger, pity, reflexive piety, boredom, convulsions, lightheadedness, a fit of ague, or an opposing view.

Books by RBP writers: Round Bend Press Books. For RBP's writing and editing services go here.

Friday, May 27, 2016

Breaking Away (for now)

All in all I'd say it's been a productive month of free binge Netflix-watching for me, even as I stay as routinely productive as I always have been, ahem.

I ran through all five seasons of Breaking Bad, finally, and then watched the first season of its prequel, Better Call Saul.  I liked the latter better, but they're both good. BCS won't be on Netflix this season.  Sony Entertainment owns that baby now, and they don't share with no stinking Netflix.

Then I picked up on the final seven episodes of Mad Men, from that show's final split season, which I hadn't seen.  At seven seasons in length, the series finally lost much of its luster for me, but like every other nitwit in the teeming TV-watching populous I had to see how it all ended. Had to know.  I'd heard some things, obviously, but enough remained fresh to entertain me.

Finally, I watched a couple of documentaries and then dug into the first and only season (as of yet) of Narcos, which is, like the preposterous House of Cards, a Netflix original.  A loose reconstruction of the life of Pablo Escobar, I liked it a lot.

Confession here:  I watched a few more episodes of HoC, and if I may be allowed to demonstrate that I am but a shallow pig for a moment (and what TV watcher is not), I find Robin Wright quite pleasant to watch.  Kevin Spacey is a great actor as well, but as I say the entire program is hokey.  Wright and Spacey carry the show beyond its means.

Today, my discovery from last year--actually over a year ago--Bloodline, yet another original, begins its second season. But alas this is the final day of my trial.  Netflix, which knows exactly what I am doing from moment to moment, won't allow me to sneak that one in today.

The jokers want me to pay for another month.  How did they know I would go for such an obvious ruse?

I'll start on payday next week.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.