Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Friday, May 6, 2016

Confession

I got another free month out of Netflix, so I've been binge watching television programs on my computer.

I've been watching Breaking Bad, finally.  I'd tried it before but couldn't get into it a while back.  This time I gave it a little bit more attention and I've been able to enjoy it somewhat, but it is far from being the masterpiece so many people claimed it to be when the series started in 2008 and ran for five seasons.

People still talk about it like it's the end-all of television.

It's flawed in many ways, and things jump out at me in nearly every episode.  But along with that the storytelling has many terrific moments as well.

Altogether, it may be a sign of exactly how bored I am at times that I'm sticking with it.

Breaking Bad joins a few other acclaimed programs that I've managed to get to after neglecting them initially because I don't have a TV.

I previously got into The Shield and The Wire late and I really liked them. Both were much better fare than BB, which is just average.

I also took a peek at Better Call Saul, the prequel to BB, now in its second season.  I think I'll wait on it until I'm done with the original.

TS

No comments:

Post a Comment