Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Friday, October 24, 2014

Joy

Off to the dentist again today, hopefully for the last time this go-round. My trip last month was brutal, and the doc says this one will be similar.

Then I should be set, perhaps for the rest of my days, but for tinkering here and there.

I've been fortunate, even at that.  Many in my family lost all their teeth when they were much younger than I am now.

Seemed genetically predisposed in part, but the rousing poverty amid my rural clan also made its mark, as it does on everything health-related.

No doubt I'll be in a little discomfort tonight.  Maybe the Ducks will help me through it by clobbering Cal?

But I'd take a high-scoring shootout as long as the good guys win.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment