Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Blind

When can an aging man officially begin to complain about things concerning his body and not sound like a dweeb?

And I'm not talking about ED here either, folks.

I need to pick up a magnifying glass somewhere soon because my eyesight is rapidly abandoning me. The worst manifestation of the problem is related to cooking.

If I buy a new item that I haven't used before to cook with and I try to read the directions I'm helpless, dead meat, defeated, game over, kaput, up a creek, bye-bye apple pie.

I should have memorized more of the recipes I once used in my working life.

But like seeing, memory isn't exactly my strong point anymore either.

I've never been on this slope before.  Feels like I'm going to get an education right up to the bitter end.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment