Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

I Am Brazil


The Round Bend Press World Cup Occasional Blog got the sense knocked out of it today.

When I picked myself up from the pitch I was down 5-0.

In one 18 min. stretch I made four horrible typos resultant of my inability to stop the onslaught of mixed metaphors that kept slipping past my defenses.

In the end, I quit.  Simply gave up the ghost. Gave up the post.

Then I started crying, and I could hear my fellow bloggers crying as well.

The dream was suddenly over.  I'd written seven poor paragraphs and a single, meaningless one reflecting on the Will to Power and "the death of God."

I thought of poor Nietzsche, kicked to the curb in the same manner by the cruelty of his countrymen, descending into madness.

I closed my document with the stains of my tears, uncertain of my future as a futbol blogger.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment