Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Friday, July 25, 2014

Corporate Kiss

Ask a simple question and get the run-around:

Hello Terry Simons,

Further to your email, I'd love to help you, but unfortunately, I'm so sorry that we do not have the facility to discuss Amazon's internal information with our customers.

However, in this case, I'd like to inform you that you may be able to find the information you're looking for, through your publisher. I'm sorry if this doesn't help, I wanted to share this and provide any alternative that can be offered in this case.

We understand the importance of how our authors use our services, and I would like to thank you for writing in to us, it is your feedback that helps us continue to improve the services and selection we provide.

We are always looking for ways to make Author Central more useful to authors, and we do have a team relentlessly working on the feedback that we receive, so I've taken this as feedback and passed this to our Author Central team for consideration from my end as well and rest assured, I'll be absolutely sure to address this as a matter of high priority with the appropriate team within our company.

Thank you so much for your understanding and patience in this matter.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards,
Aruna G

As the kids say, LOL.  BTW, I did mention that I'm the publisher, but this is obviously a form letter slightly edited for the purpose of a kiss-off.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment