Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Friday, July 4, 2014

Red, White and Blue


Should I watch soccer today or go to the blues festival?  Maybe I'll just sit under a tree in the shade and leave everything alone.

The 4th is not my favorite holiday by a long shot.  In fact, I find it depressing.

I don't like fireworks.

There are a lot of things I don't like about the U.S. in general, and those things are revealed for the lies they are on this day.

I'd move out of the country if I could afford to.

I'd move to a place with a history I am completely ignorant of and sit under a tree in the shade, preferably near the sea.

I know too much about this place.  My intimacy with it takes all of its joy away.



TS

No comments:

Post a Comment