Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Monday, July 28, 2014

Prep












Getting ready for the family tomorrow, finally coming down from the maternal-side reunion in Seattle.

Food to buy, cooking to attempt, cleaning to finish, gifts to organize.

Think I'll throw something in the crock pot to keep things simple. Or a spaghetti feed?

I eat at my desk because it's usually just me and my shadow here, but I've set up a dining table in my small pad for this occasion, which projects well for the future when I start my monthly potluck over the fall and winter.

I've decided to do that.  Be a test to see if anyone shows or if my profound presence keeps them away.

Table could double as an art table as well, as I'm mulling a return to water coloring.  I go in and out of the colorist habit.  Back in the day I actually sold quite a few watercolors around the old neighborhood.

Well, I badgered people to buy them and a few made the purchase just to shut me up.

Right now it's darn muggy and warm in here.

But I'm not complaining.  It's summer time.


TS  

No comments:

Post a Comment