Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

New But Unimproved

CommonDreams, my favorite aggregate site for all the news that's tits, has a new design.

I don't like it.

The old one had better functionality with everything scoped down in front of you.  Pick and choose the interesting stories, peruse the links, focus.

The "improvement" is missing in the new and improved website. They've gone for big, a big picture on the front page, big flash, big names (with pictures).

It's rambling, glitzy, soft.

Humbug!

Oh well, the world marches on without me again. I'll read my beloved site and pine for the old format as a new generation jumps aboard.

My philosophy will change of course if I ever decide to redesign RBPD. If I do that it'll be a stroke of genius, necessary, and a bold move to attract new readers.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment