Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Looking for Three Sisters

(This view of the Three Sisters is from the east side of the Cascades. I grew up on the west side.)

I put a copy of my memoir in my director of photography's hands this afternoon, as we prep for our shoot late next month in my hometown.

Though a friend of mine, he's been reluctant to read the book. Feels he'll be disappointed or something.

He might also be so much the photographer that he mistrusts words. Probably believes the book is chock-full o' lies, which it isn't. Exaggerations, perhaps, but...

Sort of funny. Now he has to read it. I'll certainly be able to tell if he doesn't. But it is the source of the type of imagery that must be captured to make the video I have in mind.

One example: In the book, I wrote about being able to see the Cascade Mountains peaks known as the Three Sisters from my back yard when I was a kid. The script obviously demands that view to replicate the feel of the book in that section.

That is just one of many images that we'll be seeking in our initial shoot.

This project feels right, worthwhile, like it is absolutely necessary for me to bring to the fore.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment