Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Getting it Together

You want to know something?

It feels good to have a clean pad. I spent the entire morning cleaning my small studio-domicile. Dusted and swept and mopped, moved my sparse furnishings around, cleaned off my small writing table.

Now I'm thinking I need a small bookcase/headboard for my bed. Right now I have my reading lamp above my bed attached to the door of the electrical-switch box, not really the best place for it.

I'd like a larger table to convert into a writing table, so this little thing I now use can be turned into an intimate-like dining table for two.

My writing table was teeming with crap. Scraps of meaningless paper, receipts, notes to myself I no longer understand. Junk mail.

(Like I need a bigger table to accumulate piles of more junk mail.)

I separated out the business cards and phone numbers/addresses that were scattered amid the debris.

I likely threw out something I shouldn't have, which may explain why I accumulate all this crap to begin with. I'm afraid of the damage I'll do to my archives and records.

I'm afraid to throw stuff out. But why am I keeping a coupon from Burger King that somehow lingered in my pile of oh-so-important scraps? It expired in 2011.

Why did I throw out a baseball card collection in the 1970s that might possibly be worth a small fortune now?

Life is full of opportunities to fuck up.

Etc.

Now, to make a list and go buy some food for my barren refrigerator.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment