Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Relaxation

I've started the comb-through of my proof copy of Eight Oregon Plays, plus I have just a third of the manuscript of another first-draft project to analyze before returning it to the author for a re-write.

I'm inching along here, and actually feeling a little better in my battle with the flu, but most of this day will be dedicated to relaxation.

In fact, I think I'll take in the Oregon/Oregon State basketball game today. I haven't seen either team this season, which is odd for me. I usually pay attention to both teams, but I just haven't made basketball a priority of late.

I'm loaded with projects, and with more on the way next week this seems like the day to take off and put a lot of stuff aside briefly. Recharge. Have fun. Reduce rather than inflate.

I'm telling myself I need such a day. Buddy Dooley would agree, I'm convinced.

I'll begin the day tomorrow by ordering proofs of K.C. Bacon's Aphorisms and move on from there. The project has been delayed somewhat as I sought answers from Lulu about the book's distribution status.

I'm not happy with Lulu regarding this matter, but their policy is finally clear to me.

It's just Dooley and me today, bein' pals.



TS

No comments:

Post a Comment