Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Eight Oregon Plays Nearing Finish

I received my proof copy of Charles Deemer's Eight Oregon Plays in the mail this afternoon.

What a handsome book! Now I must dig into it as an extra set of eyes to see if everything is in order.

The author found a couple of minor problems. We'll see what I find, if anything. The book looks great, so I don't anticipate trouble.  All one might find is an occasional typo, the result of the fatigue that sets in when prepping a 400 page book like this one.

One thing is certain, the plays are polished and as vibrant as they were when staged in the decades of the playwright's most active theatrical years, the eighties and nineties.

My favorite among these is the award-winning "Christmas at the Juniper Tavern," an Oregon classic, but they are all noteworthy for their visitation upon Oregon's earthy characters, charm, and uniqueness.

That's right.  I said Oregon is unique, mainly because we know it so well.

Depending on how it goes, we'll announce an official publication date soon.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment