Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Flu Bug

(Haloti Ngata, Baltimore)

I just spent the entire day on my bed watching professional football.

And I'm not a pro football fan by any stretch of the imagination. But with these new flu symptoms I have--I'm not alone apparently--staying on the bed was about all I could muster.

I watched a guy miss a little chip-shot field goal in the first game. I'll bet he feels like shit, too. He could have sent the game into overtime.

He might get the flu tomorrow when he gets fired.

Or jump out a 10 story window in Baltimore.

Prior to the missed field goal, a receiver dropped a game-winning touchdown pass.  Let a little cornerback strip the ball out of his arms.  Sheesh...

Way to go, fella.

In the second game, San Francisco's Kyle Williams made a couple of huge mistakes and helped the New York Giants steal an overtime victory.

Springsteen sang a song about one Kyle Williams back in 1983.  Might be the same one, about the same age.

Take a baby to the river, Kyle William they called him
Wash the baby in the water, take away little Kyle's sin
In a whitewash shotgun shack an old man passes away
Take his body to the graveyard, over him they pray
Lord won't you tell us, tell us what does it mean
At the end of every hard earned day people find some reason to believe

"Reason to Believe" from Nebraska

Poor Kyle Williams.

Poor Baltimore. A couple of my favorite old Oregon Ducks play for the Ravens. Haloti Ngata and Ed Dickson.

Better luck next year, guys.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment