Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Highs and Lows

Damn near everything is perfect except the weather here today. It is raining. As a native son, I should be use to it by now, but I've never liked it.

I'd rather be a sun ray than a raindrop, Buddy Dooley says, espousing his New Age mentality and causing me to consider punching him in the nose.

The day is perfect because I feel pretty good. I feel alive, which isn't always the case. It never is for one with a sizable streak of morbidity running in his blood. It's perfect because it's the right day for football, with a lineup of interesting games this afternoon. I'm actually looking forward to seeing OSU and Arizona play. I'll root for OSU.

I'll take in the Oregon game as well, the idolater that I am.

Just one troubling situation brewing. A guy I have completely disassociated myself from is organizing a Wake for my friend Roger, who died 6 months ago. I can't in good conscience go knowing how disrespectful this guy could be toward Roger at times. He is a self-aggrandizer of the highest (lowest?) caliber, and I really don't want to hear him muddy up the record with his bullshit. A third party is arguing with me about my decision, which is irritating. Show some understanding for god's sake!

The dilemma reminds me of the plot in CD's movie-in-progress, which centers on a Wake.

Life imitating art?


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment