Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Cold Eye and Music

I'm happy to say I've finally made some inroads on the Cold Eye anthology that I've been planning for weeks now. It's coming along; I've formatted the first pages and K.C.'s Intro and I'm working on a rewrite of my Long Goodbye post from this blog (in June) to create a fit for the new book. I'm actually quite pleased with its progress now that I've set out to do it!

Here is a poem by Carolyn Burdick, which will be included in the anthology. Unfortunately, Carolyn died far too young of lupus shortly before this poem was published. Her boyfriend gave it to me after the poet's death, and I published it in her honor:


The Icemaker


Anger has frozen

the words


Hour upon hour

Small murderers of ice

Slide out between

would be

and were

-------
More on the anthology later.

I'd just like to add, before I go watch the Nebraska/Kansas State football game this afternoon, that I have my Internet radio broadcast coming up quickly on Sunday afternoon at http://houseofsound.org/. Round Bend Hour starts a 2 p.m., and here is a partial play list:


Steve Earle

Graham Nash

Mance Lipscomb

Jackstraw

Charlie Patton


"It don't get no better than that!" cries Buddy.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment