Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Stuck in 1963, Or Taking the Cold War Bait


CD says I can be "engaging in a thoughtful way" when I take time off from bashing Hillary.

Thanks, I guess...gee...

Extraordinary, because I haven't bashed her in over a week!  There surely must be other reasons why I am so infrequently riveting! (pause) Okay, I can't think of one.

This is not to say I shouldn't have bashed the old fraud a little more since Jan. 7, my last post to mention her by name, because she deserves a good bashing.  I'd do it every day if I had the energy, or thought it important enough.  What I have done in the main for months is post links to writing that says it better than I can, some hardcore logicians cranking out the good anti-DNC stuff.

True, I've written my own sacred texts in the past, here and here, but they're small potatoes.

The writers I cite are a lot rougher on old Hills than I am, believe me, but I have no idea if anyone who visits me bothers to read them after I go to considerable pains to give my readers what they need to know.

Were such the case, were I a great man, and everyone jumped aboard, it would be edifying for all I'm sure, and no doubt improve our political discourse all around!  I know I get a tickle out of what I do, and what I study, and a bonus would be that we would no longer have to put up with candidates who are empty-headed frauds in the first place!  Well, in theory...

The dimwit Hillary offered nothing, which is why she lost.  It wasn't the Rooskies, it wasn't the deplorables, it wasn't the "vast right-wing conspiracy," it was her own lack of judgment about the union we call the U.S., her preening selfishness and disengagement from the issues facing our citizenry now.

Her hubris. (Cackle, cackle.)  She had a lot of help along the way, but not enough and certainly not from me.  Thanks CD, you helped give us Trump you bastard!

She couldn't whip a neofascist, and therein lies the rub.  They were too much alike as the quacks barked at each other like lapdogs without saying anything in three horrid nationally televised appearances before a series of millionaire broadcasters drunk on their own self-important irrelevancy.

CD fell into the lesser-evil netherworld about the time he started bashing Bernie Sanders in the primary race; he likes Hillary, I don't.

I don't get it, I guess.  Am I being blamed for something bad because I dislike a certain politician or two?

I hope not, because that makes as much sense as the moron-elect himself, never mind the bitch wars going on in the media about the role of Russia in undermining an election that was pure bullshit from the beginning.

But let's be reasonable here for a moment.  I wrote an entire post without linking once to the greatest bastion of U.S. journalism there is.  I won't even look at the headline:  Here it is!

Well, what do you know.  Somehow I don't think Hillary would approve.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment