Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Walker/Alex Cox

Most of the reviewers at Amazon enjoyed Walker, the 1987 film by Alex Cox, as much as I did during my first viewing tonight of the 2008 Criterion Collection DVD.

I hadn't seen it before now, and wonder how I missed this excellent. though loathed-by-the mainstream, political satire.

Actually, I do know.  As with everything, one need pay attention.

About as brisk of a rebuttal to the Reagan years as was made in the old B-movie actor's deluded lifetime, the film is unfiltered history, a homage to several directors at once, and a pure sendup of everything powerful people held dear in the 1980s, and still hold dear in the good old American mythos of today.

The more things change, the more they remain the same.

Perhaps you've seen it.  If not I highly recommend it


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment