Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

B&W

I don't often go to first-run movies in theaters any more (haven't been to one in years in fact) so whenever I stumble across something I want to see in the DVD racks at the library I'm overjoyed.

Nebraska was resting there a few days ago and I didn't hesitate. Interestingly, the director had to agree to an eventual color restoration and secondary distribution to finish his financing for the film, but I watched the B&W edition.

What a fine film.

One of the more interesting artistic compromises I've recently heard about.  Doubt that I'll pay any attention to the color version if I run across it, as that would be sort of pointless.

People have to have their technicolor, I guess.  Just as they need their sniper/heroes to rub out any sense of moral ambiguity in regards to empire.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment