Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

The Furies















Photo by RP Thomas


Tex’s Unfinished Song

Well the bar is open too late,
And nobody knows my songs.
People come round looking for Lizzie
Without knowing she’s long gone.

I can hear her voice in the wild.
It blows in like a storm in winter.
Like the cry of a lonesome child,
It makes me the loathsome fool.

I’d be crazy to ever try to win her.
For she’s thinking about someone new;
A man with my old bus and toolbox,
And a differing point of view…

ED: At this this point Tex stopped writing
In deference to another ’57 Fury sighting.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment