Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Monday, April 21, 2014

Forgotten


This morning I forgot an important meeting. I didn't schedule the meeting, but I reluctantly agreed to it.

I didn't forget because I'm terribly busy all the time either--though this morning I was indeed kind of busy--but because I'm forgetful on occasion.

I'm particularly forgetful about things that annoy me, and my planned meeting was an annoyance.  When I'm working, things that displease me are easily forgotten, like the work itself if it isn't quite right.

Someone wanted to talk to me about something important, and I forgot about it, which occasionally happens when I'm absorbed in something else.

This meeting was important to her--to me it didn't seem as pressing, which may explain, partially, why I forgot about meeting her.

Yet, the meeting was important in a pressing way--to her.

I forgot about her, it's true.  I forgot about the importance of our meeting.

Well, there's always tomorrow.  At least I hope so.  I've rescheduled--at her request.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment