Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Not Ready to Tour

I bought a cheap bike a few weeks ago.

Today, I rode around town. Cruised down to the river and McCall Park.  I'll put some pictures up later if I get around to it.

Nice day to ride.  I'm not an avid cyclist by any stretch.  Last bike I had was stolen, of course.  I left it chained up outside overnight, my mistake.

Perhaps I'll take more care with this one.  My apartment complex has a secured bike-storage area.  A little inhibiting for the thieves, but you never know.

Just hope for the best.

I'm breaking it in slowly.  Short rides.  By mid-summer I may be ready for longer trips. Portland is a little hillier than I remembered.

Or I'm older and more out of shape than ever before.  Hmm...


TS 

No comments:

Post a Comment