Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Code Zero

Blogger is in big trouble right now, folks.  I had to go into HTML and delete all the "white" code for each line of the poem below. 

Then I had to rewrite code for a line that was appearing as black or transparent text upon publication.

I can't take it.  One, I ain't a programmer.  Two, I hate trying. Tedious stuff, man.

I don't write the poems directly to Detritus, though it may appear like that at times.  In fact, I do a lot of editing as I'm writing in Word.

Guess I'll have to write to my working manuscript and than retype into Blogger, almost as bad as doing code, maybe slightly faster. Heh, I'm so used to the copy and paste method I almost forgot I can always use a little more elbow grease like the old days.

                                         ***

Okay, I've investigated.  First, it's recommended you not copy and paste from Word to begin with because this is evidently a common problem/occurrence. 

It's odd that it happens intermittently, however.

I'm reading a lot of complaints from people who say the code gets skewed in Blogger itself on occasion and the white background command appears at various times.

That hasn't happened to me yet, so perhaps I shouldn't complain too much. If and when it does I might have to abandon ship.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment