Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Weekend

This weekend's college football schedule shapes up nicely.  Oregon plays at 1 p.m.  Oregon State starts at 3 p.m.  Both games are televised.

The two hours separating the games fits an Oregonian's schedule perfectly.  Watch the first half of the Oregon game, which is about all any mortal will be able to tolerate, before switching to the OSU game.

The second game ought to be more interesting for a longer period of time, but both games could be over by halftime.

Scour the land and TV dial for another game.

The first game tomorrow (Thur.) features North Carolina vs. Jadeveon Clowney and South Carolina.  A nice start to the season.

I'm like a ten year-old with this stuff.  Love it.

I guess I've never grown up.  Doesn't mean I won't have my copy of Gulliver's Travels with its scholarly annotations beside me.  Means I probably won't crack it.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment