Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Exercise (Or the Lack Thereof)

I try to do a little walking every day for exercise.

I've been walking over to the university every morning recently to watch PSU football practice.  That is about the extent of my exercise each day of late, but it is a good thing I even do that much.

I should do more.  While I'm pretty dang tough for my age, I could be a lot stronger.  I watch the kids run around and feel sort of envious.

I'd sure like to be able to run around like that.  They should let me, in a Paper Lion-like moment, run a few plays with the defense.

Maybe I'll start training and join the senior athletic tour.  Basketball might be the answer.

Another option might be biking, though I'm not real fond of it.  I had a bike until it was stolen a few years ago.  I should get another one and start training for the senior racing circuit.  The Tour de Geriatric...

Just idly dreaming again.  All I really lack is ambition.  Story of my life.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment