Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Friday, August 9, 2013

Dog Gone It!

Here's what I think.

Titan computer chess at its highest levels lets you win once every twenty-five games you play. The rest of the time it just fucks with your mind.

And the experts say this isn't even a tough program!

I'll tell you this much. Titan messes with my algorithms.

Kidding, I'm a terrible player.  I didn't play as a kid, and I'm only just learning the game's nuances--strategy and tactics.  It is going slowly.  I don't really have the mind for it.

For instance, I love it when my opponent's en passant  shocks me.

I love blowing so many games when I think I'm winning; I'm humbled.

Titan keeps me occupied when I have the blues.  Only problem is it makes the blues worse!


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment