Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Monday, July 23, 2012

XYZ


While feeling about half sick and fighting a sketchy WiFi connection all day (and last night), I haven't accomplished much in recent hours.

I did receive a note from a friend this evening who now has a copy of Dooley's new book.  He says it "looks good, feels good, and seems right."

I think he should do more than just wear the damn thing, but this really is the best review RBP has ever garnered.

I'm not in this for praise, but I'll take all the glory that comes my way.

I made a nice chicken Alfredo linguine dish last night (maybe that's the source of my sluggishness all day).  I found it to be quite tasty, so I'm using the remaining sauce tonight atop a bed of rice.

That's part of the hell of being a bachelor.  If you cook something that isn't good for you and you make too much of it you give yourself a double-dose of potential trouble.

I'm not throwing the food out because that is wasteful.  I'm not giving it to my neighbors because I don't like any of them.  Therefore I have a lone option: to eat all the leftovers I can.

I still haven't screwed up the courage to go see the new Batman flick.**

I shot some new video with my cool "Bloggie" camera yesterday, but have dragged ass so badly today that I haven't touched the thing.

In fact, I've mostly napped today.  Just plain draggin' ass.

CD goes in for his pacemaker tomorrow so he can become a "bionic man" just like Dick Cheney.  That will be the only thing those two ever have in common.

Concerning Dooley:  The shrinks say it often helps to admit your shortcomings and failures.  At times it is difficult to say how one ascertains that shortcomings and failures are indeed part of existence, given that when you look around, no matter who you are, you'll always find others whose shortcomings and failures make your own negligible.

The thing about shortcomings and failures is you can't really do anything about them.  You can try, but it's fools' work.  Shortcomings and failures wouldn't exist if they were easily erased.  That is one of life's conundrums.

Like Dooley, I have my share of shortcomings and failures and, frankly, I'm tired of dealing with them.  I want my shortcomings and failures to go away on a long vacation.

Because they invariably depress me.

There you have it, a decent rundown:  rave book review, food lesson, movie critique, pacemaker, pop psych and depression.

What more do you want?  Or not want?

**I don't go to first-run movies for the very reason that you can be killed in them.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment