Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Moving Up in the World


I had to get one.

The price was right for a refurbished Sony "Bloggie" flip camera so I snagged it off the Internet today after a tip from a compadre who swears by his. He shot this entire movie using a flip camera.

I like the mid-range RBP camera I've been shooting with for the past several months, but I often complain that it is too small compared to the VHS cameras I used back in the day.  Many of its push-button features make me feel like a claw-handed oaf when I set up for a shoot.

Given that, I definitely see the advantage of having a point-and-shoot carry-around flip camera for inspired takes.  I don't carry my  Canon around everywhere I go, because even though it is a small camera it is still too large to carry in a jacket pocket.  When it is around my neck or on my shoulder it cries video shoot, which makes people nervous.

The flip is unobtrusive.  And this little baby has 4 GB of memory built into it and a pop-out USB stem.  No wires, no memory cards necessary.

Bottom line?  I can do a two camera shoot if I want to.  I like that.

TS

No comments:

Post a Comment