Quote:

“A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.”--Martin Luther King

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Nick Cave



Bob Thomas sent me links to some old Judy Collins and Patti Smith this morning.  Two different but equally inspired artists.  Good stuff all around.

It's been awhile since I listened to them, so thanks, Thomas.

Collins could handle the soaring, sweet ballad like few others in her early years.

Patti Smith defined the earliest manifestations of punkish clairvoyance.

I remember the first time I heard this Nick Cave ballad.  It knocked me out with its opening line.

"I don't believe in an interventionist God,
But I know darling that you do..."

A music-dominated morning.  Always a cool thing.


TS

No comments:

Post a Comment